In this page you can discover 8 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for slave-driver, like: task master, taskmaster, tyrant, simon legree, disciplinarian, oppressor, overseer of slaves and hard master.
How do you use slave in a sentence?
- I’m tired of being your slave. ( …
- Tom treated Mary like a slave. ( …
- Slaves were considered property. ( …
- I refuse to be treated like a slave by you. ( …
- I’m not your slave. ( …
- Man is a slave to habits. ( …
- She’s a slave to fashion. ( …
- My boss is a slave driver. (
What does it mean to be a slave driver of yourself?
A severely exacting employer or supervisor. noun.
Where can I buy slave drivers?
Slave Driver is a monster found in The Control Blocks (Act 5) of Oriath. They have a whip attack that does lightning damage.
How do you use violence in a sentence?
Violence sentence example
- Where did all the anger and violence come from? …
- The police blamed street violence though the neighborhood was wrong and girl had no known gang involvement. …
- He’s capable of great violence , but he doesn’t act indiscriminately. …
- In the end, violence will become obsolete.
What does it mean to be someone’s slave?
1 : someone who is legally owned by another person and is forced to work for that person without pay freed/escaped/former slaves He treats her like a slave. Do it yourself! I’m not your slave! 2 disapproving : a person who is strongly influenced and controlled by something.
What it means to be a slave?
noun. a person legally owned by another and having no freedom of action or right to property. a person who is forced to work for another against his will. a person under the domination of another person or some habit or influencea slave to television. a person who works in harsh conditions for low pay.
What can I say instead of master and slave?
Alternatives to Master-Slave Terminology
Primary and secondary. Primary and replica. Primary and standby. Leader and follower.
What do you call a person who owns a slave?
slaveholder, slave owner, slavernoun. someone who holds slaves. Synonyms: slave dealer, slave trader, slaveholder, slaver.
Is windbag an insult?
If you call someone a windbag, you are saying in a fairly rude way that you think they talk a lot in a boring way.
What was the purpose of a slave driver?
A slave driver is someone such as a manager, teacher or parent who forces others to work extremely hard. The term slave driver first appeared in the late 1700s to mean an overseer of slaves.
What did slave drivers do?
Slave drivers were agricultural slaves with diverse responsibilities in field production and labor supervision on largeplantations or small farm enterprises who occupied a relatively ambivalent social position between field slaves and white planters and overseers.
Is homework a slave?
The 13th Amendment restricts slavery and acts of slavery but homework violates this. Homework violates this because you (as a student) are forced upon your own will to do this homework and if you do not complete it you are punished. This should be considered as child labor and an act of slavery.
Who said everyone is a slave to something?
“No man is free who is not master of himself,” Epictetus tell us. That’s why Seneca talked about how everyone was a slave to something—even slaveowners were slaves to their slaves.
Is there still slavery today?
There are an estimated 21 million to 45 million people trapped in some form of slavery today. It’s sometimes called “Modern-Day Slavery” and sometimes “Human Trafficking.” At all times it is slavery at its core.
What is the example of slave?
The definition of a slave is a person who is the property of another and is under the control of the master or a person who is overly influenced by something or someone else. An example of slave is Harriet Tubman before her escape. An example of slave is a person who is dominated by fashion trends.
How is the word violent used?
- Tom’s violent. ( CK)
- Tom isn’t violent. ( CK)
- Things got violent. ( CK)
- Tom became violent. ( CK)
- Tom wasn’t violent. ( CK)
- I’m not a violent person. ( CK)
- Tom is extremely violent. ( CK)
- I’ve never known Tom to be violent. ( CK)
How do you use nonviolence in a sentence?
Nonviolence sentence example
- Parents can teach children nonviolence by controlling their own tempers. …
- Black people had been taught nonviolence ; it was deep in us. …
- He also linked Gandhian principled nonviolence with the pragmatic nonviolent direct action of the syndicalists.
What is sentence of violent?
Examples of violent in a Sentence
They witnessed a violent struggle between police and protesters. The peaceful protest suddenly turned violent. The city has experienced an increase in violent crime in the past year.
How do you summon a slave driver?
Slave Drivers are in Act 5 – Control Blocks.
- Portal to the Act 5 town and enter the Control Blocks.
- Cast Desecrate.
- Hold the ‘a’ key and check corpses.
- When you find a ‘Slave Driver’, cast Raise Spectre once only.
- You now have a level 41 Slave Driver spectre.
What does the saying Couch Potato mean?
: a lazy and inactive person especially : one who spends a great deal of time watching television. Synonyms & Antonyms Example Sentences Learn More About couch potato.
What does salt of the earth mean?
Definition of the salt of the earth
: a very good and honest person or group of people These folks are the salt of the earth.